A gift for each of the grandmothers.
If you follow the blog you know how I love anything personalised.We came across the boxes on a trip to our local PNA and they weren’t to badly priced at R 26.00
I already had the spray paint from a previous project and had my local printer do the gold vinyls after I designed them on Word and PDF-ed them.
What you will need:
- Box – You can select the size
- Spray paint or an acrylic paint and brush – Once again you can select the colour
- Personalised Vinyls or Letter Stickers
- Marble Contact Paper – Optional
- Utility Knife or sharp scissors for Contact paper
- Ruler and Pencil to measure Contact paper
- Start by unscrewing all the little hinges and the clasp – set this aside.
- Lay down newspaper or a plastic in the area you will be spraying – remember this needs to be a well ventilated area. If using the acrylic paints make sure your brushes are clean and your work surface is covered.
- Spray and allow to dry – you may want to then do a 2nd coat if you feel you need to.I did the 1st coat with spray paint and then used my white acrylic paint and brush to finish it.
- Measure and cut out the Marble Contact paper for the inside of the box and adhere it to the inside of the box (inner base and inner lid) – Remember this is optional and you can just as easily keep it the same colour as the outside of the box.
- Screw in all the hinges and clasp.
- Add the Vinyl Names on to the lid of the box
Finished Product #sopretty