I’ve been working on my living room PHOTO wall for sometime now.Its almost there.I want to share with you how easy it was to create our pretty wooden monogram and it only cost R150.00 incl postage.
Its really easy – follow the instructions below; start with the surname (thats the biggest of the letters and is in the centre I’m going to make this “S”
“A” will be the 1st letter in my name which happens to be Ana
“B” will be the 1st letter in the 2nd persons name or if you are personalising a monogram for yourself then it will be your second name or 2nd surname eg: Bill
I got started by using MS Word.
- Create new Document – Name and save it at this stage
- Go to INSERT then WORD ART
- Choose the very 1st one – see pic
- Type the 1st letter of your Surname in the font (I used “Janda Cheerful Script”) you have selected
- At this stage I’ve also changed the coloring of my letters to plain black – both the text fill and text outline
- Once you are satisfied with the size and font you going to right-click and copy and paste
- You will then create the next letter in your 1st name “A”
- Then follow the above steps again and erase and write in the next desired letter – in this case “B”
- If you wanted to do your whole families 1st names surrounding your Surname letter (the middle one) you would then follow the above steps until desired – as you can see from my main photo that I did all our 1st name letters surrounding the main middle “S”.
- Once you have all the names play around with each letter to see how best they look surrounding the middle letter
- When you finished arranging the letters and you are satisfied – click on “Save As” and PDF it.
- Once PDF-ed you ready to send it off to my favourite Laser-Cutting Company – Liqerish
I had mine made in its raw wooden state as I couldn’t decide what colour to paint it as yet.
If you recall I’ve also used them when we did the personalised name for the Santa Shoebox project.
Be sure to drop by and see you soon for Part Two.
FYI: This is not a sponsored post I just love what they do.